Every Hillsborough County voter is assigned to a precinct. Do you know the difference between polling places, precincts and districts? Find out in this quick, informative clip – and then continue on to the information below.


Every 10 years, after the U.S. Census, the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, the Hillsborough County School Board and the Florida Legislature redraw their district boundaries to reflect changes in population.

The City of Tampa does its redistricting every four years.

Visit these links to see how each legislative group approaches the task of redistricting and changes to their district maps.

State of Florida Redistricting
School Board Redistricting
Board of County Commissioners Redistricting
City of Tampa Redistricting

Precinct Changes

After all the different district maps are approved, we adjust precinct boundaries to align with the new district maps. Then we bring our voter registration database up to date, so that each voter’s legal residence address reflects the new districts and precincts. 

For more information, visit our Redistricting Frequently Asked Questions.


Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Main Phone: (813) 744-5900 Toll Free: (888) 297-4362 Email:

Fred B. Karl County Center

601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 16th Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
Tel: (813) 272-5850
Fax: (813) 272-7043

Robert L. Gilder Elections Service Center

2514 North Falkenburg Rd.
Tampa, FL 33619
Tel: (813) 744-5900
Fax: (813) 744-5843

Northwest Regional Office

4575 Gunn Hwy.
Tampa, FL 33624

Southeast Regional Office

10020 South U.S. Hwy. 301
Riverview, FL 33578

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Voter registration applications and other written communications to or from the Supervisor of Elections are public records and are available to the public and media upon request unless the information is subject to a specific statutory exemption. Email addresses are also public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, please do not email us. Instead, contact us by mail or phone, or visit us in person. To request public records, visit this page.. For questions about public records, email or call (813) 744-5900.