Our poll workers are trained individuals who are active voters, serving their community with pride. They interact well with the public and work well in stressful situations. If you would like to join our team, please read through this section carefully and familiarize yourself with the following poll worker requirements:
- Hillsborough County poll workers must complete all required onboarding including but not limited to background screening. Additionally, effective January 1, 2021, all new poll workers are required to complete employment eligibility verification (Form I-9 and E-Verification) in accordance with F.S. 448.095.
- Be a registered voter in Hillsborough County.
- Read, write and speak the English language.
- Be able to work a 14-hour day, with patience and courtesy to others.
- Be able to lift 15 to 30 pounds.
- Have an email address and access to a computer and the internet.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Successfully complete all training and assessments prior to each election.
- Remain nonpartisan while at the polls.
- Refrain from any comments or discussion concerning a voter, a voter’s party preference, a candidate, or issue, while working at the polls.
- Abide by a no smoking policy.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
Poll workers are required by law to complete training prior to each election.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com