Thank you for your interest in working the polls. We are currently working to confirm the availability of returning poll workers. New poll worker recruitment will begin in March. If you haven’t been a poll worker before and would like to work in 2022, click here to share your contact information and we’ll notify you when the new poll worker application is available.
Our poll workers are trained individuals who are active voters, serving their community with pride. They interact well with the public and work well in stressful situations. If you would like to join our team and become a poll worker, please read through this section of our website carefully and familiarize yourself with the various poll worker positions and the training you will be expected to complete.
As a poll worker you may not be assigned to work each election or assigned to the same precinct or position. You serve at will for the Supervisor of Elections. Below are list of poll worker requirements:
- Be a registered voter in Hillsborough County
- Read, write and speak the English language
- Be able to work a 14-hour day, with patience and courtesy to others
- Be able to lift 15 to 30 pounds
- Have an email address and access to a computer and the internet
- Have reliable transportation
- Successfully complete all training and assessments prior to each election
- Remain nonpartisan while at the polls
- Refrain from any comments or discussion concerning a voter, a voter’s party preference, a candidate, or issue, while working at the polls
- Abide by a no smoking policy
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times
Poll workers are required by law to complete training prior to each election.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org